Updated: January 12, 2015
Every year the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) publishes the Britain In magazine which reflects on the country’s most important issues, and offers solutions to many of the problems that British society faces.
The 2015 issue is now available in Treforest’s Library and Student Centre, and it showcases ESRC funded research such as:
- An evaluation of what the results mean after the referendum on Scotland’s independence
- How the NHS is faring in the face of structural reforms, austerity pressures, costly medical advances and more people living longer
- Can we learn lessons from the US experience of producing gas by hydraulic fracturing?
- More of us are living longer; increasing the chance that dementia will affect us in some way – what is being done to meet the challenge?
- Bingo has a reputation for being a social game but it is now big business throughout the world.
NB. Back copies (2007-) are also available to download.
Images used with kind permission from the Economic and Social Research Council.